Posted: March 24, 2017
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Full-time Salary positions and Part-time, hourly positions are available
- Colchester, Vermont 05446 – USA
- The Truckee will assist with the loading of the team service trucks and will drive the team service trucks to various locations to include race events and tests. This individual must also be willing and able to travel to domestic and international locations for up to three weeks at a time.
Educational/Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess Class A CDL and have considerable experience driving tractor-trailers over the road
- Must have current DOT physical and be knowledgeable of DOT rules and regulations
- Must have knowledge regarding operation of low ground clearance trailers and awareness of driving transporters on unfamiliar roads with rail crossings and overhead obstacles such as tree branches, low bridges, and weight restricted bridges
- Experience and know-how regarding how to load a trailer to meet axle weight laws
- Basic mechanical knowledge regarding trucks and trailers
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Proven ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, often-changing motorsports environment
- Must understand and appreciate the importance of being a team player with a “can-do” attitude
- While performing the duties of this position, individuals may frequently be required to stand, walk, sit or lay on their back for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear. The individual must also have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading, unloading and pre-trip inspection on team service equipment to include Class A trucks and trailers
- Responsible for the safe operation and transport of team service trucks to various North American locations
- Assist team with setup and teardown of paddock space (awning, paddock equipment etc.) at race events
- While on-event at races the Truckee will be responsible for preparation of race tires to include: setting air pressures, delivering tires to race car, and interacting with the tire mounting service. (Training will be provided for these duties.)
- Assist team with fueling of race vehicles at race vents. (Training will be provided for these duties)
- Maintain the appearance of the team transporters to a high standard, washing and keeping cab and trailer clean inside and presentable to the public at all times
- Must be willing to assist in other race team related tasks that are not related to the truck
- Perform all duties and tasks in a responsible manner that best represents Vermont SportsCar and the team’s sponsors