To apply please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Rally / Rallycross Technician / Level II
- Full time, hourly position with benefits.
- Colchester, Vermont 05446 – USA
- The Rally / Rallycross Technician / Level II primarily works under the guidance of a Lead Technician both in the work shop and at rally events. Responsibilities of the Rally / Rallycross Technician / Level II position include (but are not limited to) supporting the build, maintenance, development, set-up, re-prep, cleaning and on-event service of top-level performance rally and rallycross cars. In addition, the Rally / Rallycross Technician / Level II will assist with the building of spare parts and stocking of the service trucks as required. This individual must also be willing and able to travel to domestic and international locations for up to two weeks at a time.
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. A certificate of completion or diploma from a recognized Technical or Trade School specializing in automotive or racecar repair is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years experience as a Rally or Rallycross Technician for a performance rally team in a recognized championship series is preferred.
- Proven ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, often-changing motorsports environment.
- An understanding of the theory of operation of performance-based AWD system components including: turbo-charged engines, drive train components, competition suspension, fuel systems and brake systems is required.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Must understand and appreciate the importance of being a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proven ability to safely set up and/or operate hand and machine tools in challenging environments.
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment as well as a thorough understanding of metric measurements.
- While performing the duties of this position, individuals may frequently be required to stand, walk, sit or lay on their back for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear. The individual must also have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Lead Rally Technicians, Senior Technician, Team Manager, Engineers, Fabricators, various specialists and other team members to build, develop and maintain championship winning rally cars.
- Assist the Lead Rally Technician on your team with the initial build, re-prep, ongoing repair & maintenance and tuning of top-level performance rally cars in the workshop, at off-site tests and at various rally events as needed.
- Assist the Lead Rally Technician on your team with identifying, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical & basic electrical faults, gearbox issues, handling problems, chassis set-up concerns, cooling system problems, installation and removal of suspension packages and the repair of braking systems as needed.
- Perform all duties and tasks in a responsible manner that best represents Vermont SportsCar, the sport of rallying and our sponsors.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Based upon experience.