Position: Vinyl Graphics & Wrap Installer / Assistant (Level II)
Vermont SportsCar has its own in-house vinyl graphics dept including our own printers and plotters, we print and wrap all of our own rally and rallycross cars. We are busy all year with installing new designs and fixing damaged graphics after races. Our busy schedule has our team in need of an assistant to join the graphics dept immediately! To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.
Department: Vinyl Graphics
Organizational Relationship: The Vinyl Graphics Wrap Installer / Assistant (Level II) works closely with the Vinyl Graphics Manager regarding all vinyl graphics projects as described in the Job Summary below and to the HR Director regarding all administrative and personnel-related issues and activities.
Position Type: Full time, hourly position with benefits. Non-Exempt.
Location: Colchester, Vermont 05446 – USA
The Vinyl Graphics and Wrap Installer / Assistant (Level II) position is an ideal opportunity for a skilled vinyl graphics and wrap installer who has at least one year of hands-on experience in the Vinyl Graphics / Vehicle Wrap field and can work successfully in a fast-paced and changing motorsports environment while working well with limited supervision. Specific tasks will include the manufacturing, processing, and installation of vinyl wraps, vinyl decals and signage on Vermont SportsCar’s competition rally and rallycross cars, service trucks and equipment.
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a vinyl graphics manufacturing and installation facility along with a good understanding of the demands of professional motorsports.
- Ability to install vinyl wrap on flat surfaces as well compound curves.
- Ability to safely use and/or operate various hand and power tools for the preparation and installation of vinyl graphics and wraps.
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of vehicles for installation: washing/cleaning, removal or various parts (mirrors, door handles, Etc.), removal of existing graphics and adhesive residue.
- Manufacturing and preparation of various types of vinyl decals, large format vinyl graphics & wraps, signage for installation.
- Installation and removal of various decals, vehicle graphics, vinyl wraps, adhesive residue.
- Maintaining a clean and organized shop and work area.
- Understanding and striving to meet any and all due dates.
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may frequently be required to stand, walk, sit or lay on their back for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear. The individual must also have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus as required.