2016 SUBARU CONTINGENCY PROGRAM / RALLY AMERICA CHAMPIONSHIP
The Subaru Rally Support Program is managed by Subaru of America Inc., partner Vermont SportsCar and continues to be the most lucrative contingency program in North American rallying!
Subaru Announces 2016 Rally America Contingency Program and New Discount Purchase Program for BRZ, WRX, and STI Models.
(October 31, 2015) Subaru announced today enhanced contingency program for Rally America competitors for the 2016 season. The program will now include a new Super Production (SP) Championship purse totaling $50,000 for national competitors using a 2015 model year and newer WRX or STI. Subaru will also offer an incentive of $5,000* to national SP competitors once they start their first national Rally America event in a 2015 or newer WRX or STI. Competitors using a 2015 model year or newer WRX or STI will also now receive increased per-event finish position payouts. The $500 credit off of National event entry fee will remain part of the program, available to any Subaru driver in any class of car. Rules and restrictions apply.
The 2016 Subaru Rally America Championship Contingency Program:
• The first 10 Subaru National entries, any class, receive a $500 credit off the Event’s respective National Early Entry Fee
• The first 10 Subaru Regional entries, any class, receive a $300 credit off the Event’s respective Regional Early Entry Fee
• After an Event’s respective “Early Entry Deadline” passes there are no credits provided
• The Event’s standard Early Entry Fee is dictated solely by the respective Event Organizer and this program will only reduce that fee by the above stated amounts for Subaru drivers. Event Organizers may list this reduced fee as “The Subaru Early Entry Fee” or other mutually agreeable name.
• The early entry fee credit is ONLY available at the rounds that comprise the 2016 Rally America National Championship.
• Subaru drivers do NOT need to pre-register with Vermont SportsCar to receive this credit. However, the participants’ contact information may be provided by the Event Organizers to Vermont SportsCar.
Super Production Contingency Program
This portion of the Subaru Rally Support Program pays finish position awards to qualifying Subaru Super Production Class participants at all 2016 Rally America National Championship Events. Participants in this plan must register with Vermont SportsCar HERE. Rules and regulations apply, please read the complete rules/regulations HERE.
PLAN A = 2015 and newer Model Year Subaru WRX or Subaru WRX STI
PLAN B = 2008-2014 Model Year Subaru WRX or Subaru WRX STI
|Finish Position**(among registered program entrants)||First||Second||Third|
|SP – Plan “A”||$5,000||$3,500||$2,000|
|SP – Plan “B”||$4,000||$2,500||$1,000|
START BONUS FOR 2015 MODEL YEAR OR NEWER WRX OR STI:
- Eligible entrants who start an RA NATIONAL event in SP class using a 2015 model year or newer WRX or STI will earn a one-time $5000 start bonus. Restrictions apply, see complete rules and regulations.
Year-end award are available only to participants who enter at least three (3) 2016 Rally America National Championship events under Plan A
The top finishing entrant in the 2016 Rally America National Championship Super Production Class standings are eligible to win the following:
- A “test and tune day” with Subaru Rally Team USA
- Winner would utilize their own competition car and receive test support, engineering and driving instruction from Subaru Rally Team USA staff and team drivers. To be scheduled in 2017. Restrictions apply, see complete rules and regulations.
- Year-end Rally America SP Class finish position prize payouts equal to the following
- 1st : $25,000
- 2nd: $15,000
- 3rd: $10,000
SUBARU VIP PURCHASE PROGRAM
To support Rally America National competitors entering a 2015 model year and newer Subaru BRZ, WRX or WRX STI in the 2016 Rally America Championship, Subaru of America is proud to offer a VIP purchase discount to select applicants.
For WRX/STI purchase applicants:
In order to be eligible, at minimum, the applicant must:
- Hold a current Rally America National license.
- The competitor must be approved by Rally America to compete in SP/Open for the 2016 season.
- National entry competitors (in any class) who have competed in at least four (4) Rally America events in 2015 and meet the license criteria are automatically eligible.
- Due to limited availability, Subaru of America reserves the right to approve or deny any applicant for any reason. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come first-served basis.
For BRZ purchase applicants:
In order to be eligible the applicant must:
- Hold a current Rally America National license.
- Subaru of America reserves the right to approve or deny any applicant for any reason. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come first-served basis.