Vermont SportsCar Switches On the Nitrocross Group E Series
In 2022, Nitrocross (NRX) launched the inaugural season of the all-electric Group E class, led by the competition debut of the FC1-X rallycross car. Created by First Corner, LLC, in collaboration with QEV Technologies and Nitrocross, the FC1-X delivers the electric equivalent of 1,070 peak horsepower (800 kW) and accelerates from 0-60 in just 1.4 seconds, launching faster off the line than an F1 car.
Just as the legendary Group B cars set the rallycross world ablaze in the 1980s, Nitrocross’ Group E class is making another quantum leap. That inspiration, supercharged by Nitrocross’ limit-pushing DNA, is showcasing the massive performance potential of electric vehicles unleashed by the fastest rallycross cars ever seen.
The groundbreaking car, set to be the fastest ever seen in the history of rallycross, also features adjustable aerodynamics, regenerative braking, and over thirteen inches of suspension travel.
VSC is expanding its Group E team for the 2023-24 season. Read more HERE
The VSC Group E Team
The Vermont SportsCar Group E Nitrocross Team 2023-24 driver roster consists of established superstar and reigning Nitrocross Champion Travis Pastrana and fast young talent Conner Martell, the former ARX Lites Champion (2018).
What can we say about Travis Pastrana? His accomplishments are off the charts – from motocross World Freestyle Champion at age 14, to becoming the most decorated competitor in the history of X Games freestyle motocross. He’s pretty amazing behind the wheel too, earning six rally championships (2006-2009, 2017, and 2021) since beginning his rallying career with the VSC-run Subaru team in 2004.
Pastrana co-created the Nitro Circus, which has grown to become the biggest and most successful live action sports show of all time. With over 46 million TV viewers in the U.S. and over 750,000 tickets sold worldwide, Nitro Circus has captured the imagination of fans all over the world. He is the founder of Nitrocross, and designs tracks for the global venues that host the Nitrocross series.
Conner Martell is a 24-year old championship- winning professional race car driver from Vermont. After injuries forced him away from motocross racing, Martell switched to 4-wheels and rallycross racing. In 2018 Martell dominated the Americas Rallycross season where he competed in the Lites class and was crowned the Champion. Martell has earned five overall victories, nine podiums, and 27 heat race wins in his burgeoning rallycross career thus far.
Additionally, Martell has competed in the Red Bull GRC Lites series, FIA World Rallycross Lites series, the ARA Championship, the Canadian Rally Championship and most recently the F4 Western Championship Series.
Martell continues to serve as a test and development driver for Vermont SportsCar where he plays a crucial role in the team’s rally, rallycross and Gymkhana endeavors.
2023-24 Nitrocross Schedule
The 2023 – 24 Nitrocross schedule includes a total of 10 events taking place in 6 countries over a period of 9 months. Kicking off June 16-17, in Oklahoma, the series continues in Utah, Arizona, Southern California, and Alberta, CDN. The series will culminate in the spring of 2024 with a championship event TBA.
2023–24 NITROCROSS (GROUP E) CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE*
(*Subject to change)
You can view the current schedule at https://www.nitrocrossracing.com/
Electric vehicles are the key to sustainable transportation, to lowering global emissions and reducing air pollution in city centers. And from a motorsports perspective, their extraordinary performance abilities make them some of the most spectacular race cars on earth. Vermont SportsCar is thrilled to be a part of this evolution as we field a team in the upcoming Nitrocross (NRX) Group E series.
Beyond chasing trophies, VSC is playing a seminal role in the expansion and adoption of EV motorsports. We are blazing a trail for other teams to follow and proving by our actions that EV motorsports has a bright and sustainable future.
For information about partnering with the VSC Group E team, please reach out via the contact us form.
The FC1-X Features:
- 1,000+ peak horsepower
- 0 – 60 in 1.5 seconds
- Up to 3G acceleration
- Designed for dirt, tarmac and jumps
- Magelec Propulsion
- (2) M21H5-D Front Motors
- (2) M21H5-D Rear Motors
- Max Nm is limited to 1030Nm
- Max Kw is limited to 782kw
- Max Speed – 12,500 RPM
- Magelec Propulsion
- New SiC Model N40S6 – 99% efficiency
- DC Voltage – Operating 100 -900 VDC
- DC Over voltage Trip – Over 900 VDC
- Motor Current Peak 400 Arms
- Inverter Weight – Less than 5 kilo
- QEV custom battery pack using Newattek battery cells
- Max. voltage – 872 V
- Capacity – 51Kwh
- Max. discharge power – 800+kW
- Min. voltage – 672 V
- Extremely safe casing in-line with FIA regulations
- More than 200 charge cycles
- Charging power up to 150kW
- Fully charged in less than 25min (100kW charging power)
- DC plug to connect to the car
- Electric power-assisted steering
- FIA carbon seats w/6pt harness
- Adjustable steering wheel with 4in color screen
- Carbon composite dashboard and middle panels
- 12in color screen with driver info
Body / Aero
- Exterior design is fixed for all teams, however official Manufacturer entries may propose and utilize a custom body to match manufacturer OE body.
Wheel / Tire Setup
- 19x11inch Rotiform wheels // 280-705 R19 custom rallycross tires
- Standing pedal box with front/rear master cylinders
- Hydraulic handbrake
- Front brakes: 6-piston calipers with 355mm x 32mm steel brake discs
- Rear brakes: 4-piston calipers with 355mm x 32mm steel brake discs
- Front and rear double wishbone made in high-grade steel
- 300mm wheel travel
- Coilover dampers height adjustable with 230mm of damper travel and
- Adjustable front and rear anti roll bars
Transmission / Sadev
- Rear transmission / 3-speed sequential transmission
- Hydraulic paddle gear-shifting