The Subaru Rally Support Program
The Subaru Rally Support Program provides a variety of cash incentives for Subaru rally drivers: for podium finishes, a “New Car Build” award, and discounted entry fees for Subaru drivers.
The program offers $7,000 per ARA national championship rally for the top three finishing Subaru drivers, with the top finishing Subaru earning $3,500 an event.
To encourage teams to race the latest generation Subaru WRX STI model there continues to be a “New Car Build” award consisting of a one-time $5,000 payment to teams who build and enter a 2015 or newer Subaru WRX STI in the ARA National Championship.
Also returning in 2020 is the most popular portion of Subaru of America’s rally support program; the entry-fee discount for Subaru drivers. The “Subaru Early Entry Fee” will be $500 below the event’s posted Early Entry Fee for a National entry, and $300 below the posted Early Entry Fee for a Regional entry. This entry fee credit is available to ANY class of Subaru entered.
Rules and restrictions apply, please review the complete rules below.
RALLY SUPPORT // CONTINGENCY PROGRAM RULES
1. Program Name
- 2020 Subaru Rally Support Program Contingency
2. Program Summary
- This is an optional contingency awards program: Signing up once automatically enters the driver’s name and car number for the 2020 season only.
3. Covered Events
- All 2020 National level American Rally Association Championship stage rally
- Regional and/or Super Regional events are not included
4. Registration Requirements
- Registration is REQUIRED for this Subaru Rally Support Program prior to applicable event day(s).
- Registrants will remain on this program for the remainder of the calendar year.
- REGISTRATIONS AT AN EVENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Only registrations using the below link will be accepted.
- All registrants will be required to provide their Social Security # or EIN in order to receive any award payouts. A representative from Vermont SportsCar will contact the Registrant for this information.
5. Decal Requirements
- Registrants are required to affix decals to their registered competition car according to the decal layout guidelines found at the following link:
- Decals must be placed neatly on the registered race vehicle prior to the official start of the event. Failure to do so will result in automatic forfeiture of any Subaru awards for that respective event
- Availability: One set of decals will be supplied at no charge to the registrant after their completed online registration is accepted. Additional decal sets may be purchased from Vermont SportsCar.
6. Vehicle Eligibility for Awards
- Eligible Subaru vehicles shall only include 2015 Model Year or newer Subaru WRX or Subaru WRX STI models
7. Class Eligibility for Awards
- Eligible vehicles must be entered in American Rally Association’s Open 4WD, Limited 4WD (L4WD) or Naturally Aspirated 4WD (NA4WD).
8. Award Information
- Per event award payouts are for the top three finishing, registered drivers in eligible Subaru vehicles for each event (based on vehicle eligibility described in section 6 and 7), and paid out according to the payout schedule listed below.
- The participant’s finish position is based on his/her position in the official event results relative to all other registered and eligible Subaru participants in this program, in any class. For example, if a driver finishes 3rd Overall in the event’s overall standings, but is the highest finishing registered Subaru he/she will receive the position one (1) Subaru contingency event award payout.
- Any penalties, disqualifications, or class changes levied by series or event officials on any program entrant will be applied to finish classifications at the sole discretion of Subaru of America.
- Awards may be withheld if event results are not confirmed by series or event officials or a protest or inquiry is presented.
- The award check, in the appropriate amount, will be mailed to the address on record, payable to the registered driver. Award checks shall be mailed within 15 business days after the conclusion of an event and shall be mailed by USPS.
9. Event Payout Schedule
|2015 or Newer WRX or STI||$3,500||$2,500||$1,000|
11. New Car Build Start Bonus
- Registered program entrants who start three (3) ARA NATIONAL events with a 2015 model year or newer WRX or WRX STI will earn a one-time $5000 start bonus.
- This is a one-time payment and will be tied to the vehicle, via it’s VIN, not the driver. The vehicle may not earn a second Start Bonus with another driver or team at any future events under any circumstances.
- Vehicles that may have received this Start Bonus Payout from a previous season (ie: 2019 or earlier) are ineligible for any Start Bonus Payouts.
- The award check, in the appropriate amount, will be mailed to the address on record, payable to the registered driver. Award checks shall be mailed 30 days after registrant supplies confirmation of vehicle VIN, scan of ARA logbook, and confirmation of three (3) ARA National event starts.
Subaru Entry Fee Discounts
Each national event organizer of the 2020 American Rally Association shall have the opportunity to make available a “Subaru Early Entry Fee” to the first ten (10) paid Subaru teams in the National and the first (ten) 10 paid Subaru entries in the concurrent Regional rally, should one exist.
The “Subaru Early Entry Fee” will be $500 below the event’s posted Early Entry Fee for a National entry, and $300 below the posted Early Entry Fee for a Regional entry. This entry fee credit is available to ANY class of Subaru.
The credit is handled entirely between the event organizer and the entering team. Registration in the Subaru Contingency program is not required to receive the credit.
- The first 10 Subaru National entries, any class or model year, receive a $500 credit off the Event’s respective National Early Entry Fee at all 2020 ARA National level events.
- The first 10 Subaru Regional entries, any class or model year, receive a $300 credit off the Regional Early Entry Fee at Regional ARA events which run concurrent to an ARA National event. The entry fee discount does not apply to any stand-alone ARA Regional level rally events.
- After an Event’s respective “Early Entry Deadline” passes there are no credits provided. Each event organizer may dictate the terms and details of the entry deadlines.
- The Event’s standard Early Entry Fee is dictated solely by the respective Event Organizer and this program will only reduce that fee by the above stated amounts for Subaru drivers. Event Organizers shall list this reduced fee as “The Subaru Early Entry Fee” or other mutually agreeable name.
- The early entry fee credit is ONLY available at the rounds that comprise the 2020 American Rally Association National Championship.
- Subaru drivers do NOT need to pre-register with Vermont SportsCar to receive this credit. However, the participants’ contact information may be provided by the Event Organizers to Vermont SportsCar.
Q: What if an entrant drops out of the event and requires a refund?
A: Event Organizer refunds the entry fee, in accordance with the event’s own refund policy and may apply the applicable Entry credit to the 11th entered Subaru who paid an Early Entry fee, in the form of a check or credit card refund. This is at the discretion of the event organizer.
Q: What if an entrant receives the Early Entry Fee Credit but does not start the event in a Subaru? (such as a change of vehicle after initial registration)
A: Event Scrutineers will be aware of which participants received the Subaru Early Entry Fee. If a participant changes vehicles and is no longer entering the event with a Subaru he/she will be charged the difference in entry fees before being allowed to start the even
Q: What if there are less than 10 Subaru entrants who receive the Subaru Early Entry Credit in either National or Regional?
A: Unused credits will not be transferred or utilized.